These Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy with lightly crispy edges! The combination of oatmeal, chocolate and pops of fruit from the cherries is delicious and so fun!
1 3/4 cups (228g) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (104g) sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (175g) uncooked quick cook oats
1 1/2 cups (229g) dried cherries
1 cup (169g) semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color and texture happen and know it’s ready.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined after each.
4. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is just combined. Do not over mix. Once it’s well combined, use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
6. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and dried cherries.
7. Create 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough until all the cookie dough has been used.
8. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2-3 hours or overnight. I think they are best if refrigerated overnight, but they are still very good if refrigerated for 2-3 hours.
9. When ready to bake the cookies, remove the cookie dough from the fridge and let it sit for about an hour to come closer to room temperature.
10. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
11. Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake. The cookies will be a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool. For tips and troubleshooting help, check out the post above.
12. Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: cherry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal cookies