This Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Bread has a layer of cheesecake running through the best moist pumpkin bread! It’s delicious and takes pumpkin bread to a whole new level!
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted Challenge butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (348g) pumpkin puree
- 8 oz (226g) Challenge cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well with non stick baking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter and sugar and mix just until combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined after each addition.
5. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the pumpkin purée and beat until well combined. The mixture may like a little curled and separated.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. Do not over mix. If you need to stir it a bit more, use a spatula and do it gently by hand. Set batter aside.
8. To make the cheesecake swirl, add the cream cheese and sugar to another large mixer bowl and beat until well combined and smooth.
9. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
10. Add about half of the pumpkin bread batter to the bottom of the loaf pan and spread evenly.
11. Spread the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the pumpkin bread batter.
12. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining pumpkin bread batter over the top of the cheesecake filling and gently spread together to form an even layer.
13. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. You can tent the bread after about 45 minutes to an hour, if needed, to keep it from browning too much on top.
14. Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. The bread will rise as it bakes and then fall a bit as it cools.
15. When completely cooled, store pumpkin bread well wrapped or in an air tight container in the fridge. Bread is best for 3-4 days.
Keywords: cheesecake swirl pumpkin bread, cheesecake pumpkin bread, easy pumpkin bread recipe, best pumpkin bread, thanksgiving dessert idea