Fluffy carrot cake meets creamy sweet potato casserole in this unforgettable Carrot Souffle. It’s a holiday-worthy side dish that’ll have everybody begging for the recipe!
- 1 lb peeled, coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp (24g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 2-quart (9×9-inch) casserole dish.
- Add the carrots to a large pot or pan and add enough water to fully cover them. Cook until tender, 15-20 minutes, then drain the water.
- Add the cooked carrots to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract and eggs and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and gently stir together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden and set.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and serve.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- To Store: Cover cooled souffle tightly or transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it. Enjoy it within 4-5 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat souffle in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it heats all the way through and puffs back up. Serve it immediately. Small portions should be warmed up in the microwave instead.
- To Freeze: Place cooled souffle into a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 29.1 g
- Sodium: 285.4 mg
- Fat: 17.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 133.7 mg
Keywords: souffle dish, how to make a souffle, carrot side dish