These Carrot Cake Shortbread Bars are full of the delicious flavors of carrot cake wrapped up in an easy, chewy bar! They make a great treat for Easter!
- 1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (130g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (33g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (73g) shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup (49g) flaked coconut
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Line the bottom of a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil that goes up the sides of the pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crust, add all three ingredients to a mixer bowl and mix to combine. It’ll be very crumbly at first, but will form a ball.
3. Press dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Set aside.
5. To make the filling, whisk together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium sized bowl.
6. Add eggs, molasses and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
7. Stir in carrots, coconut, pineapple and pecans.
8. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges are golden.
10. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator, then cut into squares.
Keywords: carrot cake bars, easy carrot cake recipe, best carrot cake recipe, how to make carrot cake, homemade carrot cake, cake bars, shortbread recipe