1. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Cut all Rolos into halves.
3. Melt caramels, butter and milk together over medium-low heat.
4. When melted and smooth, remove from heat, then add rice krispies and halved Rolos and mix well. Don’t over mix, as the Rolos will soften from the heat and you don’t want them to lose too much of their shape.
5. Press into pan. Don’t press down too much or the rice krispies will be hard when cool.
6. Allow to cool, lift out of the pan with the parchment paper.
7. Melt butterscotch chips in a bowl in the microwave, using 30 second increments so that it doesn’t burn .
8. Drizzle melted butterscotch across the top of the rice krispie treats.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 with the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
10. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
Keywords: homemade rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats recipe, cereal bars recipe, how to make rice krispie treats, easy dessert recipe, easy homemade dessert, quick and easy dessert, caramel dessert, caramel bars