This quick and easy Caramel Macchiato Tiramisu Trifle is made with layers of cubed angel food cake, Nutella ganache, espresso, butterscotch pudding, caramel sauce, and homemade whipped cream. It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures and so delicious!
- 2 tbsp instant expresso granules
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) warm water
- two 3.4 oz packages butterscotch flavored pudding mix*
- 4 cups (960ml) milk
- 1 cup (309g) Nutella
- 1/4 cup (43g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Angel food cake (about 12 oz), cut into pieces*
- 1 cup (240ml) caramel sundae syrup
- Combine the espresso granules, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and stir to dissolve, then set aside to cool.
- Make the butterscotch pudding according to package directions. I list milk in the ingredients, since most pudding mixes use milk in that amount, as mine did. But you’ll want to make your pudding according to the package. Set aside.
- Make the Nutella ganache. Add the Nutella, chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a medium bowl. Heat in 15-20 second increments, stirring well between each, until the mixture is melted and smooth. Allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes. It shouldn’t be too hot, but you still want to be able to drizzle and/or spread it. Set aside.
- To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the pudding and set the rest aside.
- To build the trifle, place about half of the angel food cake pieces evenly in the bottom of the trifle dish. Drizzle with 5-6 tablespoons of espresso.
- Drizzle/spread about half of the Nutella ganache over the angel food cake.
- Add about half of the pudding mixture and spread evenly over the previous layers, then add about half of the caramel sauce and spread evenly.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining angel food cake, espresso, Nutella ganache, pudding and caramel sauce.
- Finish of the trifle with the whipped cream that was set aside in step 4. Decorate as desired with additional caramel sauce, lady fingers, cocoa powder, etc.
- Place the trifle in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours prior to serving. The trifle is best if eaten within 2-3 days.
*It may be hard to find the regular instant butterscotch pudding. You can also use cook and serve or sugar free instant pudding.
*You can also use the soft ladyfingers that are found in the bakery of the grocery store.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 577
- Sugar: 81.1 g
- Sodium: 791.1 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 103.3 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 31.4 mg
Keywords: tiramisu trifle, tiramisu dessert