1. Make the caramel sauce according to the recipe. Cool caramel to about room temperature.
2. To make the apples, combine apples, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar in a medium pan and toss to coat.
3. Cook apples for about 10-15 minutes, or until at preferred softness. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
4. To make cinnamon whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
5. Once everything is made and ready, build the trifles. Add an even layer of whipped cream into the bottom of the cup or jar you are using.
6. Add about 2 tbsp granola in an even layer.
7. Drizzle about one tablespoon of caramel sauce over granola.
8. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of apples over the caramel.
9. Repeat the layers once more then drizzle more caramel over the tops of each trifle.
10. Store in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until ready to serve. Trifles are best when eaten within 1-2 days.
*You can replace the caramel sauce with a store-bought sauce, if preferred.
Keywords: easy trifle recipe, apple dessert recipe, easy apple dessert, fall dessert recipe