Covered in a cinnamon sugar coating and caramelized in the oven, these crunchy Candied Pecans will quickly become your new favorite snack. They’re super easy to make, and they stay fresh at room temperature for weeks!
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups (448g) pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg white and vanilla until frothy (about 1 minute). You could use a mixer or do this by hand with a whisk.
- Add the butter to the egg whites and whisk together until combined.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and stir until the nut are evenly coated.
- Add the sugar mixture to the pecans and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the pecans evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow pecans to cool, then serve.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 13.7 g
- Sodium: 149.2 mg
- Fat: 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 3.8 mg
Keywords: candied pecans, caramelized pecans, candied nuts