These easy homemade Butter Pecan Cookies are crunchy, soft, chewy and buttery. They get even better the second day too, making them a great cookie to make ahead!
- 3/4 cup (123g) finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Combine the melted butter and pecans in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat.
3. Spread the pecans evenly onto the cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until toasted.
4. Set pecans aside to cool.
5. To make the cookie dough, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well combined.
7. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
8. Stir in the cooled pecans.
9. Make balls of cookie dough about 2 tablespoons in size.
10. Place the balls of cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. Cookies will spread a bit and may look a little undercooked when you remove them, but they’ll continue to cook and firm as they cool.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
12. Once cooled, store cookies in an air tight container for 3-5 days. Cookies are even better the second day after making them.
Keywords: butter pecan cookies, butter pecan cookie, pecan cookie, pecan cookie recipe, pecan cookie recipes, pecan cookies recipe, homemade cookies, homemade cookie recipe