This easy Blueberry Sauce recipe is a delicious topper for waffles, cheesecakes and so much more! Made with juicy blueberries and fresh lemon juice, this crave-worthy sauce comes together in minutes.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp water, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp (78g) sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (277g) blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of water and the cornstarch. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, remaining 1/2 cup of water and lemon juice in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Heat the mixture until the sugar is melted.
- Add the blueberries and continue to cook. Let the blueberries start to soften and release their juices.
- When the blueberry juices have released and the mixture is starting to look more sauce-like, add the cornstarch mixture.
- Continue cooking and remove from heat when the sauce begins to thicken and can coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Serve the sauce warm over pancakes, waffles, cheesecakes, etc or refrigerate until ready to use later.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
Keywords: blueberry topping for cheesecake, blueberry sauce for pancakes, blueberry compote