These Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes are moist, fluffy and full of flavor! With plenty of blueberries spread throughout, you get a wonderful combination of coconut and blueberry in every bite!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, coconut extract, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Stir in blueberries.
5. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add coconut extract and 1-2 tbsp of water or cream and mix until smooth.
4. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more water or cream until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with icing.
Keywords: blueberry cupcakes, coconut cupcakes, homemade cupcakes, homemade cupcakes recipe, easy cupcakes recipe, easy cupcakes, best cupcakes recipe, blueberry cake recipe, coconut cake recipe