This Berry Fruit Salsa is made with strawberries, blueberries and apples! It has amazing flavor, makes a wonderful appetizer or snack and is naturally red, white and blue – perfect for July 4th!
- 1 cup (145g) blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups (181g) strawberries
- 1 cup (118g) diced apple (I used Fuji apples)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onio
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeños, optional
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine blueberries, strawberries, apples, cilantro, red onion, jalapenos and lime juice in a medium sized bowl and gently stir to combine. Add salt, to taste.
- Salsa can be served immediately or you can let it sit for about 20 minutes. It’s best served the day it’s made. The apples will take on color over time as they sit. Serve with tortilla chips.
While the apples take on some color and don’t stay totally white, I truly love their taste in this salsa. You could use jicama for of a more white color, but it does taste like having a little bit of vegetable in your fruit salsa. It’s a similar texture, but a little more firm and less sweet. Either will work.
Keywords: july 4th salsa, berry fruit salsa