This fluffy Homemade Beer Bread is incredibly easy to make with only 6 ingredients and no yeast involved in the recipe! Once you get a taste of it, regular old bread will never be the same again.
- 3 cups (390g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the beer and gently fold together until just mixed. It’s ok if there’s a touch of flour that still isn’t totally incorporated. You don’t want to over mix it or it’ll turn out tough.
- Pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of a 9×5 inch loaf pan and spread it around the bottom and onto the sides of the pan to grease it.
- Spoon the dough evenly into the pan and pour the rest of the butter evenly on top of the dough.
- Place loaf pan on a cookie sheet to catch any butter that spills over as it bakes. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in loaf pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Serve warm or cool completely and reheat slices for 15-20 seconds.
- To Store: Store cooled bread in an airtight container. Enjoy it within 3 days or transfer it to the fridge for an extra day or two. If you’d like to warm it up, pop individual slices into the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- To Freeze: Place cooled bread into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it out in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 240.3 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 24.4 mg
Keywords: quick bread, make bread without yeast, bread homemade