This Banana Mocha Ice Cream Cake is SO good! I’m a little obsessed. The moist chocolate cake is topped with sliced bananas, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, and banana and coffee ice cream!
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (114g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 6 tbsp (43g) cocoa
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) hot water
- 1–2 bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- One pint Bananas Foster ENLIGHTENED Ice cream
- One pint Cold Brew Coffee ENLIGHTENED Ice cream
COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp powdered instant espresso
- Banana chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare an 8 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
2. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
3. Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium sized bowl and combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
5. Slowly add the hot water to the batter and mix on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 27-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
7. Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes, them remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once the cake is cool, set up an 8-inch cake pan (or springform pan) for layering. If not using a springform pan, you can put some plastic wrap in the bottom of the pan and up the sides and use it to lift the cake out of the pan when it’s done. Put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan. Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan (see this photo of a prepared pan).
NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your cake needs to fit in this pan.
9. Cut the dome off of the top of the cake layer, then place the cake layer into the bottom of the pan.
10. Add banana slices in a full even layer on top of the cake.
11. Pour the chocolate and caramel sauce over the banana slices.
12. Add small spoonfuls of softened bananas foster ice cream and spread into an even layer.
13. Add small spoonfuls of softened cold brew coffee ice cream and spread into an even layer.
14. Freeze the cake until firm, 5-6 hours.
15. To prepare the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and instant espresso to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
16. Remove the frozen cake from the pan and lightly frost the outside with the whipped cream.
17. Pipe swirls around the top edge of the cake and top with banana chips.
18. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 31.4 g
- Sodium: 261.1 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.7 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 48.2 mg
Keywords: chocolate banana cake recipe, mocha cake, homemade ice cream cake, ice cream cake recipe, best ice cream cake, how to make ice cream cake