This Arizona Chicken Pasta is full of chicken, white cheddar cheese, corn and black beans. It’s all coated in a delicious, lightly spicy chipotle cream sauce!
- 16 oz box rotini pasta
- 3–4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp adobo sauce, from the chiles
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Green onion
1. Boil pasta to al dente according to package directions. Set aside.
2. In a food processor or blender, puree the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream until smooth. Set aside.
3. Add the butter to a large 12 in skillet over medium heat and allow to melt
4. Add the minced garlic to the pan and saute for about 30 seconds.
5. Next add the remaining heavy whipping cream, flour and chipotle mixture and stir to combine. Heat until mixture is bubbly and begins to thicken.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir in the shredded white cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
8. Add the corn, black beans and chicken and stir to coat in sauce.
9. Add the cooked pasta and stir until well coated in sauce.
10. Top the pasta with green onion, tomatoes and some additional shredded white cheddar cheese, then serve.
Keywords: chicken pasta recipe, easy chicken pasta recipe, best chicken pasta recipe, chicken pasta dish, easy chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner recipe, chicken dinner recipe, chicken and pasta