These Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies are soft, chewy and full of apple flavor! They have chopped apples in the dough and are rolled in cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar for an irresistible cookie that’s perfect for fall!
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp (406g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar, plus 5 tbsp (65g) for rolling
- 1/2 cup (112g) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups diced Granny Smith apples (about 3 apples, peeled)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Add the butter, 1 cup of sugar and brown sugar to a large mixer bowl and cream until light in color and fluffy in texture, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in the diced apples.
- Use a scoop to create balls of one and a half tablespoons of cookie dough each. There will be a good bit of moisture, so just place the scoops onto a plate or something you can refrigerate or freeze.
- Chill the cookie dough. You can freeze it for 10-15 minutes or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. If you leave it for too long, the moisture can actually make them softer though.
- Combine the remaining 5 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg in another small bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then set on the prepared cookie sheet with about 2 inches between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the centers are just baked.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Keywords: apple snickerdoodle cookies, apple snickerdoodles