This easy Apple Fritter Monkey Bread is the ultimate Fall dessert recipe! Fluffy pull-apart bread is layered with warm cinnamon apples for a fun and yummy treat.
- 2 apples (Fuji or Granny Smith) peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (259g) sugar
- 3 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) refrigerated biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp salted butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup (113g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan or bundt pan with baking spray.
- Combine the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and toss together. Add about 1/3 of the apples to the pan. Set the rest aside.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Melt 1/2 a cup of the butter. Dip each biscuit piece into the melted butter and shake off the excess, then coat it well in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Add the biscuit pieces to the prepared pan. Alternate adding the biscuit pieces and cinnamon apples, about 1/3 at a time. You should have three layers of the apples and three layers of the biscuits.
- Combine the remaining 6 tablespoons of melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract and pour evenly over the top of the biscuits in the pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden and it isn’t doughy anymore. There’s quite a bit of moisture in the pan, so you may want to place a cookie sheet on the rack underneath to catch anything that might drip over.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a plate. I recommend one with a raised edge so that the moisture from the bread doesn’t drip everywhere. Serve monkey bread warm and enjoy!
Keywords: apple bread, apple bread recipe, apple fritter bread, monkey bread recipe, monkey bread from scratch, easy monkey bread, pull apart bread, pull apart bread recipe