This tender 7UP Pound Cake has the loveliest citrus flavor and a creamy icing-style glaze to top it off. Made with simple ingredients and minimal effort, each bite is a heavenly mouthful of lemon-lime delight.
For the 7UP Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (336g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (621g) sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups (390g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) 7Up
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract, optional
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
For the Lemon-Lime Glaze
- 2 tbsp (28g) salted butter
- 1/3 cup (69g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 2 1/4 cups (259g) powdered sugar
Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C) and prepare a 10-14 cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray and flour.
In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until well incorporated after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure things are well combined.
- With the mixer on low, carefully add the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add the 7Up, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into bundt pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but mostly clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes, then invert cake onto cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
Make the Glaze
- Combine all glaze ingredients except for the powdered sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Heat on low until sugar is melted, then turn heat to medium to bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and immediately pour into a heat-proof glass bowl.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and allow to cool and thicken. If you find the glaze to be a little thick, just add a touch more water to thin it back out. If it’s a little too thin, you can add more powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake while the glaze is still a little warm. It will be too firm to pour and get a nice drizzle if it cools completely.
- To Store: Leftover pound cake should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge (if you left off the glaze, you can keep it at room temperature instead). It will stay fresh for up to 5 days. After the cake sits for about a day, the flavors get even more irresistible!
- To Freeze: Without the glaze, this pound cake is totally freezer-friendly. Wrap it in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of heavy-duty foil, then freeze it in a large storage bag or container. Thaw it out and add the glaze within 3 months of freezing your cake.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 689
- Sugar: 81 g
- Sodium: 246.9 mg
- Fat: 27.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 105.9 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 145.7 mg
Keywords: lemon pound cake, glaze for pound cake, lemon cake with glaze