These are Strawberry bars filled a cream cheese filling! A delicious combination!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- Sprinkles for the top (optional)
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine cake mix, melted butter, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Spread half of the batter in a greased 9×13 pan. The dough is fairly sticky so I used some parchment paper to help spread it more easily.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in another bowl and mix well.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the layer of strawberry dough in the pan.
5. Crumble the remaining batter on top of the cream cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator because of the cream cheese. Can be served closer to room temperature, if preferred.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 17.1 g
- Sodium: 182.3 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
Keywords: valentine's day strawberry cream cheese bars