This cozy Italian Meat Pie has three kinds of meat in it – ground beef, salami, and pepperoni. Add in lots of melty cheese and flaky pie crust for a hearty and satisfying dinner that’s pure comfort food.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 slices (1 1/2 oz) salami, cut into bit size pieces
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) pepperoni, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (14-oz) container bruschetta (I use this one)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 2 pie crusts (refrigerated or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the ground beef and Italian seasoning to a large skillet and cook until browned and cooked through. Drain.
- Add the spinach, salami, pimentos, pepperoni and bruschetta and cook until warm throughout.
- Transfer mixture to a large heat-proof bowl and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Add TWO of the eggs and the cheese and stir together until well combined. Set aside.
- Roll out one of the prepared pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Add the filling to the pie crust, then cover with the second pie crust and crimp the edges.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg. Cut a few slits in the center of the pie to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 594.2 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 83.9 mg
Keywords: Italian meat pie, Italian spinach pie, comfort food dinners