This Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken is an ultra flavorful comfort-food entree that’s easy to make in your slow cooker! Tender chicken breasts are cooked in a buttery lemon garlic sauce for a family dinner that will go down in history.
- 6 tbsp unsalted Challenge Butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 4 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Add the butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts into a 6 quart slow cooker.
3. In a large bowl or measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, half and half and lemon juice, then add the garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and paprika. If it curdles a little bit, that’s fine.
4. Add the melted, cooled butter to the lemon mixture and stir to combine.
5. Pour the lemon butter mixture over the chicken, then cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 7 hours. Slow cookers can vary a little so adjust cooking time as needed.
6. Remove about 1 cup of the lemon butter mixture from the slow cooker and whisk in the corn starch. Add it back into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
7. Place the top back on the slow cooker and cook for another hour, then serve.
I used my favorite butter in this sauce – Challenge Butter! It’s such a creamy butter made from the freshest milk, and it goes from farm to fridge in just two days. Plus, there aren’t any growth hormones, nor do they use any artificial preservatives, fillers or dyes. These things are more important to me than ever these days, since I always have the boys in mind when cooking.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 546
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 806.5 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 63 g
- Cholesterol: 245.8 mg
Keywords: lemon butter chicken, crock pot chicken, easy chicken dinners