This Samoa Cookie Cake is absolutely to die for! A moist and chewy sugar cookie is topped with chocolate ganache, gooey caramel filled with coconut, then drizzled with chocolate on top! It’s soft, moist, gooey, and better than any Girl Scout cookie you’ve ever had!
1. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You could also use a springform pan instead.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder and mix until well combined.
5. Press cookie dough into an even layer in the cake pan.
6. Bake for 19-21 minutes. The center of the cookie will still look a little undercooked, but that’s ok. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan, then remove from pan.
7. Once cookie is cool, make the chocolate ganache. Place chocolate chips, heavy cream and butter into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute, until cream starts to boil and butter begins to melt.
8. Whisk chocolate until completely melted and smooth. Microwave for a few more seconds, if needed.
9. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the ganache and spread the rest on top of the cookie cake.
10. To make the caramel mixture, add water, butter and caramels to a pot and melt over medium heat until smooth.
11. Reserve about 1/4 of the toasted coconut, then stir the rest into the melted caramel mixture.
12. Spread the caramel coconut mixture on top of the chocolate ganache.
13. Sprinkle the rest of the toasted coconut on top of the caramel mixture and lightly press it into the caramel.
14. Drizzle the rest of the chocolate ganache over the top of the coconut and caramel.
15. Allow the caramel to cool, then serve. You can serve it while it’s still a little warm, if you want the carmel a little more gooey and melty, or serve it completely cooled. It’ll still be gooey when cooled, as well.
Keywords: coconut cake recipe, best coconut cake recipe, cookie cake recipe, how to make a cookie cake, caramel cake recipe, best cake recipe, sugar cookie cake