This Raspberry Rose Coffee Cake recipe is such an amazing flavor combination! The coffee cake is filled with a vanilla rose cream cheese filling and fresh raspberries, then topped with cinnamon streusel and a rose glaze! An unexpectedly awesome breakfast treat!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. To prepare the streusel, add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined and crumbly. Set aside.
3. To prepare the cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer until smooth.
4. Add the egg white, rose water and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated. Set aside egg yolk for cake batter. Set aside cream cheese mixture.
5. To make the cake batter, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
6. Add the butter and sugar and beat together until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the sour cream and mix until well incorporated.
8. Add the milk and mix until well incorporated. The batter will be very thin.
9. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
10. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined, but don’t over mix. Batter will be thick and kind of sticky.
11. Spread a little more than half of the cake batter evenly into the bottom of the cake pan.
12. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the cake batter, then arrange raspberries for the filling in an even layer over the cream cheese.
13. Drop small spoonfuls of remaining cake batter over the filling and spread into an even layer as best you can, then add the raspberries on top.
14. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top of the cake.
15. Bake coffee cake for 45-50 minutes. It may still seem a little jiggly in the center when you remove it, which is because of the cheesecake. The cake should be a nice golden color on top.
16. Allow the cake to cool completely, then remove it from the cake pan.
17. Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. You can serve it warm or refrigerate it and serve it cool. If you refrigerate it before serving and want to eat it warm, you can microwave individual pieces for 10-15 seconds.
This cake can have a tendency to stick to the sides of the pan a bit because of the cream filling. Be sure to spray the pan well. You can also run a knife along the edge of the pan before removing it, or you can line the sides of the cake pan with parchment before adding the cake batter.
Keywords: coffee cake, coffee cake recipe, sour cream coffee cake, easy coffee cake recipe