1. Sift together flours, sugar, baking soda and spices in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add oil, melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
6. Fold in pumpkin puree.
7. Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool in pans for about 3-5 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
1. Beat the butter, shortening and cream cheese until smooth.
2. Slowly add 2 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Mix in the maple extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth, adding water to desired consistency.
Keywords: pumpkin cupcakes with maple cinnamon cream cheese icing, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin dessert