1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
6. Press the dough evenly into the cake pan.
7. Top cookie dough with M&Ms, using the orange and brown ones to make the pattern of a basketball.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the cake pan, then remove to cake plate.
1. Beat the shortening and butter until smooth.
2. Slowly add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp water.
4. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add more water to get the right consistency.
5. Add icing color until you get the right shade of orange. I used red and yellow and slowly added it in small amounts. I used a tad more red, than yellow, to get the right shade of orange.