Mini Strawberry Champagne Trifles made with layers of homemade champagne pudding, fresh chopped strawberries and chopped cookies. SO GOOD.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp champagne
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 20–24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 lb strawberries, washed and chopped
- Sprinkles, optional
1. Add sugar, cornstarch, heavy whipping cream and champagne to a large saucepan and mix until smooth.
2. Cook, stirring continuously, over medium-high heat until mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add a little bit of milk mixture to eggs, then add egg mixture to milk mixture.
5. Place pan back on the heat and bring to a light boil. Allow to boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and set aside.
7. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, champagne and powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
8. Put the additional 1/2 cup of champagne in a small bowl.
9. Break up some vanilla wafer cookies and put them into the bottom of each of the four serving glasses, dipping each cookie into the champagne before breaking. I used about 2-3 cookies per layer (4-5 cookies per cup). Sprinkle some additional champagne over the cookies, if desired.
10. Top the champagne with about 2 tablespoons of pudding.
11. Top the pudding 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of chopped strawberries.
12. Repeat steps 8-10.
13. Top the trifles with a swirl of whipped cream and some sprinkles and a strawberry, if desired.
14. Refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving. Trifles are best for one or two days.
Keywords: trifle recipes, easy trifle, easy desserts, strawberry desserts, champagne desserts, dessert ideas, quick desserts, quick trifle recipe, new years eve dessert, party dessert