This Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Rice recipe is full of flavor and so easy to make! It’s a perfect meal for busy weeknight dinners!
- 2 tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup (190g) jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups (480ml) chicken stock
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut to 1 inch pieces
1. In a 10 inch skillet over mediumheat, warm the olive oil. Once you can feel the heat when you hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cook until the chicken is browned of the outside, stirring occasionally, 7-10 minutes. It’ll get cooked more, so it’s ok if it’s not cooked through yet.
3. Add the rice, rosemary, garlic and onion powder, chicken stock and lemon juice. Stir to combine, cover and bring everything to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes, and then stir and add the asparagus.
5. Cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 517.7 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 18.6 mg
Keywords: chicken dinner recipe, rosemary chicken, easy chicken meal, quick chicken dinner recipe