With meat, potatoes and veggies all in one, this Instant Pot Pork Roast is an easy dinner with amazing flavor! It’s ready in just an hour and a half, with most of that hands-off cooking time!
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine (or additional broth)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2–3 large carrots (or use baby carrots)
- 2–3 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt,
cinnamon, thyme and pepper. Gently rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast. Set aside.
- In the bottom of the instant pot, drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Press the saute button to heat the oil. Add the roast to sear for 2 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the pork and set aside. Turn saute feature off.
- Add the red wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot and release flavors. Next, add the onion, garlic, broth and sprigs of rosemary on the bottom of the pot. Place the metal trivet over. Place the roast in the center of the metal trivet. Seal the cover and set the instant pot to high on manual mode for 65 minutes.
- While the roast is cooking, peel and chop potatoes and set aside.
- Once the cook time is up, do a quick release and open the cover. Carefully set in the chopped potatoes and carrots and arrange around the outside of the roast. Seal and cook for an additional 5 minutes on high pressure. Once the timer goes off, do another quick release.
- Remove the roast and cooked vegetables and arrange on a serving platter (shredding the roast with a fork if you would like). Remove the metal trivet from the instant pot and discard the rosemary sprigs. Add the balsamic vinegar and cornstarch to the wine sauce and mix until dissolved. Turn on the saute setting and continue to stir until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the warm balsamic sauce over the shredded pork roast and serve warm.
Keywords: pork shoulder roast instant pot, instant pot pork shoulder, easy pork roast recipe