These Fudgy Strawberry Brownies are made with a dense brownie on the bottom and fudgy chocolate on top that’s studded with dried strawberries. The chocolate combined with the pop of fruit is so good. I’m in love with them!
Looking for more strawberry desserts? Try my Strawberry Shortcake recipe!
Fudgy Strawberry Brownies
So when Jessie was a puppy, she was such a snuggler. We’ve never allowed her on furniture (except for our bed) so we’d sit on the floor with her and she’d curl up next to us. As she got older, she was less and less interested in snuggling. These days, if you snuggle with her for too long she usually gets up and walks away.
Well yesterday, she was like a stage 5 clinger. Every time I sat down and she saw an opening, she wanted to snuggle. Eventually she resorted to whining at me to get me to keep petting her and finally got me to sit back down on the floor with her like when she was a puppy. We sat there so long, my legs went numb.
She was so darn sweet and I didn’t even have food in my hands, which is normally what draws her in. 😉
And how can you blame her for being drawn in when I have delicious things in my hands like these strawberry chocolate brownies? She often will get a little bite of things, but of course chocolate is not good for dogs so these were all mine. 🙂 A good thing too, because they are SO good!
How to Make The Best Strawberry Brownies
The bottom layer is one of my favorite brownies. It’s super easy to make. You don’t even need to use a mixer. Just combine the dry and wet ingredients and then mix them all together. Easy peasy!
Once the brownies are baked, you’ll add the top layer. It’s made with a thick chocolate ganache that uses less heavy cream than your usual ganache that’s used for decorating cakes. The lower amount of cream makes the ganache perfect for topping a brownie. It stays firm and fudgy, especially when cold.
I added some freeze dried strawberries and rice krispie cereal to the ganache too. Since freeze dried strawberries have a stronger strawberry flavor than your average sliced strawberries, it gives the perfect pop of fruit! The cereal adds some additional texture and together it’s all delicious.
Have you ever had a chocolate bar with dried strawberries in it? These brownies are a lot like eating a fudgy brownie version of one of a chocolate bar like that. SO good! The chewy brownie, smooth ganache and pops of fruit are delicious! You’ll want to keep the whole pan to yourself.
Fudgy Strawberry Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 33 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 brownies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
These Fudgy Strawberry Brownies are made with a dense brownie on the bottom and fudgy chocolate on top that’s studded with dried strawberries. The chocolate combined with the pop of fruit is so good, I’m in love with them!
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY LAYER
- 12 oz (340g | 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 2/3 cup rice krispie cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9×9 baking pan or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil, which you can use to remove the brownies from the pan when they are done.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another medium sized bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
8. Remove the brownies from the oven and set aside to cool.
9. To make the top layer, place the chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl.
10. In a large measuring cup, heat the heavy whipping cream until it comes to a boil.
11. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
12. Add the honey and vanilla extract and stir to combined.
13. Add the strawberries and cereal and stir to combine.
14. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the brownies and spread into an even layer. Top with some additional strawberries.
15. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until the top layer is firm.
16. Cut into bars a serve. Bars can be served cold or at room temperature. They will be firmer and more fudgy when cold. Bars are best for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 29.4 g
- Sodium: 59.1 mg
- Fat: 18.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.2 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 54.5 mg
Keywords: brownies with strawberries, fudgy brownies recipe, strawberry dessert idea, strawberry dessert, strawberry brownies
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Would it be okay to use less sugar for the brownie layer? Maybe like 1/2 cup instead of a full one? I just feel like 30g of sugar for one brownie is a bit much.
Reducing the sugar will also change the texture of the brownies, but you can do it if you prefer.