This Mexican Chicken Casserole uses rotisserie chicken and is super easy to make! Combine penne pasta with corn, black beans, cheese and more and you’ve got yourself a quick dinner perfect for any night!
- 1/2 lb | 2 cups dry penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1 can (15 oz) yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Green onions, diced
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, salsa, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, jalapeños, corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
3. Pour mixture into the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Serve casserole with cilantro, green onions, tomato, and avocado slices, if desired.
Keywords: mexican chicken casserole