This Mexican Chicken Casserole uses rotisserie chicken and is super easy to make! Combine penne pasta with corn, black beans, cheese and more and you’ve got yourself a quick dinner perfect for any night!
- 1/2 lb | 2 cups dry penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeños
- 1 can (15 oz) yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- Green onions, diced
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, salsa, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, jalapeños, corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour mixture into the casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve casserole with cilantro, green onions, tomato, and avocado slices, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 servings
- Calories: 502
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 1030 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.4 g
- Protein: 39.4 g
- Cholesterol: 95.5 mg
Keywords: mexican chicken casserole, shredded chicken casserole, mexican chicken bake