- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (about 1/2 medium yellow onion)
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheese soup or cheese dip (I used this one)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz nacho cheese Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat and add the beef and onion. Break up the beef with a spatula and cook until the meat is browned and onions are softened. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salsa. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Add the sour cream, cheese soup or dip, black beans and corn. Stir well to combine then bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Slightly crush the Doritos and put 1 ½ cups Doritos in the bottom of an 11×7 casserole dish. Top with ½ of the beef mixture and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Add another layer of Doritos and the remaining beef mixture. Top with an additional 1 to 1 ½ cups Doritos and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the casserole is hot. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, green onion or avocado, if desired, then serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 1145.2 mg
- Fat: 27.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
- Protein: 38.1 g
- Cholesterol: 102.6 mg
Keywords: dorito casserole, easy dorito casserole, dorito taco casserole, layered dorito casserole