This Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is a staple in our house. It’s a warm and comforting winter meal that the whole family looks forward to!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced onion (yellow or red onion)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- two 14.5 oz cans low sodium chicken broth
- two 4 oz cans diced green chiles
- two 15 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- Place all of your ingredients into your instant pot bowl.
- Cover the pot and seal the lid. Switch the valve to the “seal” position and cook for 20 minutes on manual high pressure.
- When done cooking, let it naturally release/depressurize for 10 minutes, then switch the valve to the “vent” position to fully release steam before opening lid.
- Shred the chicken breasts and stir everything together. If the cream cheese is chunky, stirring in the chicken should help break it up and smooth it out.
- Serve warm with garlic bread, tortilla chips or other garnishes.
You can substitute the sour cream for an extra 4 oz of cream cheese, if desired.
Keywords: instant pot chili, instant pot chili recipe, instant pot chicken chili, instant pot white chicken chili, white chicken chili crockpot, white chicken chili recipe, chicken chili recipe