This easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a treat guaranteed to delight all those who try it. With its dense, moist crumb and soft texture, you’ll never follow another banana bread recipe again!
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (77g) sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (211g) chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, add the butter and brown sugar and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined before adding the next.
- Add the sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with tough banana bread.
- Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. If your oven has a tendency to brown things a lot, you can tent it after 25-30 minutes. To test for doneness, a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean.
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve when ready.
- To Store: Keep bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
- To Freeze: Wrap bread in plastic wrap and freeze in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Unwrap and thaw before enjoying.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 30.2 g
- Sodium: 123.3 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.8 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 53.6 mg
Keywords: banana chocolate chip bread, banana bread with sour cream, chocolate chips in banana bread