These Chicken and Sausage Foil Packets are easy to make and the perfect summer dinner! A mix of meats, veggies and flavors fill foil packets and are cooked in the oven for a meal that’s packed with flavor!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 9 oz chicken sausage, thickly sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cubed
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, cut in 6-8 pieces
- 3.5 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, sausage, bell pepper and onion. Juice the lemons and add the juice and lemons. Add the garlic cloves, corn slices, green beans, thyme, coriander and oregano.
- Toss everything together and season with smoked paprika, salt, pepper and oil.
- Prepare 4 large sheets of foil. Divide the mixture into 4 portions among the foil with each foil pack getting one chicken breast.
- Seal the foil and place all of them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F and veggies are tender. Open the foil a little bit by using a knife so that you don’t burn yourself and let broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and open carefully. Be careful not to burn your fingers when steam escapes. Serve immediately.
Keywords: chicken and sausage foil packet