These easy homemade Blueberry Muffins have a moist, tender crumb and a buttery cinnamon streusel topping. They start your day on such a heavenly note, you’re going to crave them again when it’s time for dessert!
For the Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (43g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, cold, cubed
For the Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups (228g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (86g) sour cream
- 1 1/3 cups (185g) fresh blueberries, washed and dried
Make the Streusel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with liners.
- Add the sugar, flour and cinnamon to a medium-sized bowl. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter is fully incorporated and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Make the Muffins
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the melted butter, oil and sugars to a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and sour cream and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently stir until just well combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and divide the crumb topping between the muffins. You should get 12 muffins.
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy them while they’re still a little warm or let them cool completely.
- To Store: Keep cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Can keep them in the fridge for a couple days longer.
- To Freeze: Freeze cooled muffins on a baking sheet for 15-30 minutes, then wrap each one in cling wrap. Freeze wrapped muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Unwrap and thaw in the fridge or on the counter before enjoying.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 124.7 mg
- Fat: 13.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
Keywords: homemade blueberry muffins, sour cream muffins blueberry, blueberry muffin with crumb topping