Ripe cherry tomatoes combine with melty feta cheese, minced garlic and fresh basil in this easy, cheesy Baked Feta Pasta! This crave-worthy casserole is a family favorite, guaranteed.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 10 ounces dried pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pasta water, reserved from cooking the pasta
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a 9×13 baking dish. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish, surrounded by the cherry tomatoes. Use a spoon to drizzle some of the olive oil from the baking dish on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst and the feta cheese looks soft and melty.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the pasta water to use later.
- When the tomatoes and feta are done, remove from the oven and immediately add the garlic and basil.
- Stir everything together and use a spoon to smash the tomatoes a bit.
- Add the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Add pasta water, as needed, to add to the sauce.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and serve warm.
Makes 4-6 servings
Keywords: pasta dinner idea, pasta casserole, pasta bake