1. To make the crust, add the Oreos and sprinkles to a food processor. Pulse until they form crumbs.
2. Combine the Oreo crumbs and sprinkles with the melted butter and stir together until well combined.
3. Press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set in the refrigerator to firm.
4. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth and well combined.
5. Add the vanilla extract, cake mix and milk and mix until well combined.
6. Fold in the Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
7. Add the Oreo crumbs, chopped Oreos and sprinkles and gently stir until well combined.
8. Spread the filling evenly into crust and smooth the top. Set in the refrigerator until firm, 4-5 hours.
9. Remove the cheesecake from the pan.
10. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
11. Pipe swirls of whipped cream around the top of the cheesecake. Top with additional Oreo crumbs and Oreo halves, if desired.
12. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To use homemade whipped cream in the cheesecake filling, substitute 1 1/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar for the Cool Whip.