1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and egg white until well combined.
3. Add the spices, flour and cornstarch and mix until well combined.
4. Stir in butterscotch chips. Dough will be thick and sticky.
5. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Scoop 2 tbsp of dough per cookie onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. They’ll spread a bit while baking
7. Bake for 12-13 minutes. The edges should be firm and the center will still look a little undercooked, but will continue cooking and firm up as it cools.
8. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for about a minute on cookie sheet.
9. Move cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.