Muddy Buddy Brownies
These Muddy Buddy Brownies are a cakey brownie full of muddy buddies that give it a light crunch! With a little bit of chocolate and peanut butter, it combines two wonderful snack foods into one!
So we are getting dangerously close to the time of year when there is no more good tv on. I call it summer. It’s rough. It’s always during this time that the hubs and I seek out old series and such to binge watch. My mom has been telling me for a while now that I need to check out Outlander on Starz. She’s read the books and is super into the show. I decided to check it out and see what the fuss was all about.
The first episode is available for free on their website, so before committing I decided to watch that. You guys, I’m kinda digging it. I feel like it’s a little bit of Downton Abbey meets Game of Thrones. Not as proper as Downton Abbey and not as gruesome and brutal as Game of Thrones – but it’s got that fantasy element to it. My mom totally digs the love story and I’m quite interested now. I mean, that Scottish accent. 😉
I’m thinking once I’m done with the cookbook, I’m going to have to binge watch season one and two. And did you know that Walkers Shortbread has an Outlander shortbread pack since they’re shortbread is made in Scottland? I’m thinking some wine and shortbread will be necessary to accompany me.
These brownies might be necessary too. And they’re so easy to make, they’d be perfect for any binge watching or movie night. 🙂 I don’t even break out the mixer, I just use a whisk and a bowl.
The combination of the moist cakey brownie and the light crunch from the muddy buddies is really fun. You can make your own muddy buddies or use the store bought ones. I used the store bought ones for ease, but I think homemade muddy buddies would be even better. I think they have a little more peanut butter flavor. AND – you can snack on muddy buddy brownies and the regular muddy buddies. Score!
Muddy Buddy Brownies
Yield: 12 brownies
3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (207g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
6 tbsp (43g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (90g) muddy buddies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch square cake pan with aluminum foil.
2. Whisk together the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs and whisk until well combined.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
5. Stir in the muddy buddies.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle a few more crushed muddy buddies over the top.
7. Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
8. Remove brownie from oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
9. Once cool, use the aluminum foil to lift the brownies out of the pan, then cut into bars.
This post is sponsored, in part, by Walkers Shortbread but all opinions are my own.
You might also like: